What's reality

Why is it as humans we are born to be two faced?  Or are we?  Maybe the culture that we are born into influences us to act a certain way through media, competition, our sinful nature or all of the above.  Unfortunately, lying comes so easily to many people.  A person can present themselves as being one way when they encounter a person face to face only to go behind that persons back and lie to another person about a situation or who they are.  What is it in our human nature that creates this scenario in the first place? Do we even know what the truth is? I feel like I lie to myself everyday, with my feelings and thoughts that I don't truly know what I believe about myself. As a child I would always ask my mother if I liked something when it was offered to me. She would tell me what she thought that I liked by what she had observed.  Why wasn't I the one that could distinguish whether or not I liked something?

Today I went to my six year old nieces roller skating birthday party. Our family has been chopped up by different things that have occurred over the years which meant that some family members elected not to attend her birthday party.  It was casual small talk-talking about the kids and how cute they were.   It is the type of polite small talk that adults do so they can ignore the fact that they feel extremely uncomfortable and want to charge out of the exit as soon as possible. In the past, my family had been very open about how they felt about things, but now it seems that everyone just smiles and dreads the fact that they are around each other.  Is that fake to put on a smile when someone annoys you a lot or is it just showing good manners?   Is it wrong to know you don't want to be around certain people but there is a truth in mind that makes it seem that if everything goes a certain way, then that will achieve the perfect life?  Or is it us lying to ourselves and not letting the real truth come out?  I guess each person's truth belongs to them and it isn't for everyone.  I wish it was easy like taking truth medicine every time I want to know what I am truly thinking and feel. It is a challenge I face everyday but I will find a way.

I came across this today, March 5, 2018.  It is amazing on how some things have changed but so many are the same.  As a teenager I had to have the courage to leave my family and move away with the desire to find and define myself.  I did that.  I am on my quest.  I am still going.

Comments

Popular Posts