Prayer Journal

A part of my life that I have always been working on is my prayer life.  I would feel like I always forgot something or didn’t know what would be the right prayer to say.  After I saw the movie  “War Room”, I set on a mission, on Pinterest, and found some amazing inserts to use for a prayer journal.  I break up my prayer focus by the day of the week.  If there is something going on in my life or I feel lead to pray about other things as well I always do, but I try to make sure that I pray concerning the focus of that day.

The inserts that I found on Pinterest that best fit my want/needs are from Daily Dwelling http://www.dailydwelling.com/prayer-journal-printables-updated/.   

I used an older planner that I had bought on line.   It is vegan leather and has held up pretty well.

  
This is just my little dashboard that I thought was pretty.  When I open up my ‘Prayer Journal’, it helps me get into a good mind set.  You can put your sticky notes on the page if it is laminated.  (I use clear tape to laminate.)


Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1 Thessalonians 5:17

John 15:12-13

Colossians 3:14-16

Mark 12:31

Joshua 24:15

I struggled for a while about praying for myself because I always would think there is someone else that needs more prayer than I.  But God wants us to pray for ourselves for things we want or need as well as for personal growth. 

Galatians 5:23 

Reaching Beyond
Acts 1:8

Not every prayer request can fit into a specific category or you just feel led to pray for something you have already prayed for in the week.

Psalms 92:1 

I like to write down the miracles that I have experienced in my life so in times when I feel discouraged I can look back at these miracles and remind myself that God is always there for me.  I have learned that we just need to talk to him and ask for his help!


“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”  Philippians 4:6



Comments

Popular Posts