Having Jesus at my Easter table


Last year was the first year that I had participated in lent.  I gave up chocolate which was extremely difficult because I believe I might be a borderline chocoholic, but I did it.  During that time, I was evaluating how I could in my personal everyday life incorporate more of Jesus.  With Easter coming up I talked to my mom about changing up a few things.  We no longer did Easter baskets and tried to steer away from having too much attention on the Easter bunny and other objects that take away from Jesus being the center of the celebration. 
  •   RED EASTER EGGS



            Not knowing the reason, we dyed Easter eggs. I looked into their origins and found some interesting information.   The Orthodox and Eastern Catholic churches started to dye eggs red to represent the blood of Jesus Christ.  The hard shell represented the sealed tomb. When the egg is cracked, it symbolizes Jesus’ resurrection from the dead. 
  •     FUN FAMILY GAME



My mom set out on finding a fun way to entertain the whole family at Easter and she found a great trivia game called “The Easter Story Trivia Game”.   Please check out the free printable here www.hiphomeschoolmoms.com.  There are many other great games online.  This was a great success with everyone participating-young and old.  The questions have different levels of difficulty and categories.  We broke into groups and had a small prize for the team that won.  We learned information about Easter and the Bible that we did not know and we had fun working together.  I was surprised by how competitive some of the participants were.    
           
            Easter is a great time to celebrate and enjoy the life that we have been given.  When holidays are mainly the only time that all of the family are able to get together, it is great to eat and be able to play games with one another!

            Hope you all have a great Easter!



Comments

  1. Thank you for helping to make Easter more the focus of the Resurrection of Jesus our Lord and Savior versus just celebrating spring rituals. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts